Thursday, July 14, 2011

Commercial Queen



Besides being a glamorous model and wife to George Harrison and Eric Clapton Pattie Boyd also starred in commercials. L'Oréal employed Pattie to star in their commercial for Dop Pearlized Shampoo. In the advert Pattie is seen driving through a car wash, washing her hair with Dop. In the end of the commercial Pattie is followed by many men in cars because of luxurious hair. In the next advertisement, Pattie is seen going around town enjoying herself, looking ever so glamorous and fabulous. (Like that's anything new!) Pattie's secret is Pond's Creams. She is shown applying it and suddenly looks out the window only to find hundreds of men waiting for her. (Again like that's anything new!) I love the commercials, they are super retro and fun to watch. They are very eye catching especially because Pattie is in them. :) Unfortunately the Pond's Creams commercial is in Spanish and though I tried translating (yes I know Spanish :) it was hard and I think you don't really need to know what they're saying to know what's going on. I'm not sure what year the commercials are from but if anyone can tell me I would appreciate it!


4 comments:

  1. I love pattie boyd! amazing post :) xxx

    http://naivebones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, she was gorgeous. Even when soaking wet or smearing cream on her face, haha!
    Oh, and they're from late 1963 and 1965 respectively by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Pattie is gorgeous no matter what! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops!! 1969 and '65, sorry I got mixed up.

    ReplyDelete