Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Moves Like Jagger


With it's fast-paced beat, catchy lyrics, and whistle melody "Moves Like Jagger" became a top 10 in the United States Billboard Hot 100. Maroon 5 pays homage to the great Mick Jagger who can dance like no other and make girls swoon over him, like no other. Robbie Daw from Idolator wrote that, "Moves Like Jagger" slightly echoes the Rolling Stones’ chart-topping 1978 classic "Miss You". Christiana Aguilera makes a strong appearance with her soulful pipes and dares to steal the show. Personally I think the song is pretty good. It has great vocals mostly on Christian's part though. The song itself is extremely catchy. The first time I listened to it, it became stuck in my head for weeks. Maroon 5 shows how influential Mick Jagger is to them and almost everyone else. The music video which was just released yesterday was directed by Jonas Ã…kerlund and filmed in Los Angeles, California on July 8, 2011. Mick Jagger makes appearances via archive footage but not before we see an audition sign for Mick Jagger impostors. We then see footage of a young Mr. Jagger being interviewed. When asked how long he has been doing this, meaning singing and performing he replies, "two years." The interviewer then asks how long he thinks he will be doing his thing. A naive Mick says "I don't know. I'd never thought I would be doing it for two years even." The video then cuts to present day and we see the Mick Jagger imposters doing their best to imitate him. Personally I think they should just have had archive footage of Mick because the imposters fail miserably to reach the par of Jagger. They look more like they are mocking him then paying tribute. That's my opinion though. Besides that the video is ok. What do you think though? I will post the video and then you can comment. Is it trash or masterpiece?





Images from (Diet) Coke and Sympathy

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand the idea behind the video clip, and it IS cool concept... if the song wasn't so UNBEARABLE!! Gosh! Props to maroon 5 for cashing in with the techno/pop like melody.. but seriously.. if I was Mick Jagger I would be ashamed to be associated with such a trashy song!!1

    ReplyDelete