Friday, June 3, 2011

With a Little Help from My Friends

If you were high up in society in the 60s and 70s chances are you made great friends with the celebrities around you. I love seeing the celebrities of the time interacting with their famous friends. It sorta says; "Yeah I'm a famous but I have my friends and enemies like everyone else." It shows their relaxed natural side. Some friends were always seen at their side. Other stuck by them no matter what. They looked glamorous and caring with each other. The famous friends understood what the other was going through. Scheduling conflicts, scandals, rumors, and more. It was just part of their daily lives. They helped each other through it and provided a safe haven sometimes. So to quote The Beatles, "Oh I get by with a little help from my friends."

Marianne Faithfull and Anita Pallenberg

Mick Jagger and Paul McCartney

Paul McCartney and David Bowie

Nico and Brian Jones

Christine Keeler, David Bailey, Penelope Tree, and Marianne Faithfull

James Taylor and Carole King

John Lennon and Elton John

Cass Elliot and Jimi Hendrix

Mick Jagger and Linda McCartney

Brian Jones and Jimi Hendrix

Sara Dylan and Pattie Boyd

Linda, Rod, and Paul

Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin

Cass and Jimi

John Lennon and Bianca Jagger

Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly

Linda and Paul McCartney, Sara Lownds, Bob Dylan, Gregg Allman, and Cher.

Sonny, Cher, and Twiggy

Grace Slick and Janis Joplin

Andy Warhol and John Lennon

Robert Plant, Linda Ronstadt, and Ron Wood

Jimi Hendrix and Mick Jagger

Jimi Hendrix, Michelle Phillips, and Cass Elliot

Jagger and Bowie

Stevie Nicks, Rod Stewart, and Bebe Buell

Mick, John, and Yoko

Keith, Mick, and Bob

Bianca Jagger and Anjelica Huston

Bob Dylan, Donovan, and Mary Travers

Paul and Michael

Julie Christie & Monica Vitti

Dana Valery, Sandie Shaw and Marianne Faithfull

Bob and Donovan

What would you think if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me.
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends,
Mmm,I get high with a little help from my friends,
Mmm, I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends.

Title: The Beatles

With a Little Help from My Friends

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I'm going to follow it. (:
    I actually even have a blog about the 60s and 70s too, feel free to visit:

    http://retrfd.blogspot.com/

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks soo much! I love your blog too! The 60s and 70s rock!

    OO
    Y
    U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thank you so for your beautiful snaps , I'm a die hard fan of The Beatles and the stones , I tought I had all the snaps ever taken of them , till I ran into your beautiful blog. After The Beatles disbanded, that's when I became an Elvis die hard fan. I invite you to check out my 3 blogs rigth here at Blogger , look for Jess DeCristo

      Delete
  3. These are amazing, intimate photos of well-known artists as they were up and coming; very captivating.

    ReplyDelete